Monday, October 14, 2013

Having fun with fedoras

Today, over on Sew Cool for the Tween Scene, I am giving a review of Elegance and Elephant's Fedora Hat pattern.  But I thought I would share some of the E&E hats I have been making here too.  I love to make hats.  They are a fun accessory and the kids really enjoy them.

I have now sewn 3 of these guys and I really like the pattern but have struggled a bit to get the fit right.  My daughter's have such big heads.  (there is a joke in there somewhere)


The first one I made layering a sheer sparkly fabric over a pink satin.  It turned out great and was loved, but it did not fit the girls.  (And none of the pictures turned out great.  I don't know if it was my lighting or the sparkle)

The next one was the one I shared a couple weeks ago.  It fit Eli great and looks quite handsome on him.



So I tried to increase the size of the hat to fit my eldest.  It fits, but the shape is just not right.  I don't know if that is the cheep fabric I used or my grading.  Probably both.



But it is a cute option for her.
I might be done with hats for a bit though.  I have been marathon sewing for them to make up some gaps in their wardrobes and I really want a chance to make something for me.  No time to waste on silly hats.

How about you?  Do you dabble with hat making?


If you are interested in hearing more from us, there are a couple ways for you to keep in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like everyone, we love comments; mostly because it is not a conversation without you! So please, let us know what you think and what you are up to.

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips