Monday, October 7, 2013

Sometimes it takes practice: BurdaStyle #152

 Last week I showed you a flannel dressed shirt that I made by boy out of BurdaStyle Shirt With Bow Tie pattern #152.  I actually made 3 versions of this shirt.  It is not a simple pattern and each one was better than the other.


This was actually my first one.

Like the owl one, this is made of flannel fabric.  It has large silhouettes of attack helicopters.  I used metal snaps for the front and vintage military style buttons for the cuffs.  Eli is convinced that the buttons make his helicopters gunships.












I forgot to add the seam allowances though.  That is an important thing for BurdaStyle patterns.  You must add the seam allowances yourself.

However, it fit so well, I decided that the next time, I only would add the allowances to the collar, cuff placket pieces and the front placket.

That worked quite well.

He wore this shirt on the first day of school, so I knew it was a success.

If you are interested in hearing more from us, there are a couple ways for you to keep in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like everyone, we love comments; mostly because it is not a conversation without you! So please, let us know what you think and what you are up to.

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips