Sunday, June 9, 2013

One more time, Simplicity 4020

 I (Major Moma) made a bunch of things in the mad dash before the movers came to pack up my house hold goods (If you had not read, I am moving.) so that the blog would not go quiet when I wasn't sewing for months on end.

This, like all the non-crocheted items, is one of those projects.  When the pictures were taken, it was just barely above freezing!  I was so cold, but I was determined to get some good pictures on a rare sunny day.  It was the coldest, darkest winter in Germany since at least 80 years ago!


Simplicity 4020 view C

This tank is yet another version of the ever versatile Simplicity 4020 which I have posted about here and here.  This time I made view C in a slubby knit that is just a tad sheer.  It is nice and light weight and now that the weather is warmer, I will get lots of use out of it.


source
It has gathering at the shoulders in the front but flat in the back which makes a nice interesting detail without adding a lot of volume or bulk.  The neckline is faced and to me, it is the perfect depth.

I really like the treatment of the 'sleeves'.  They are not really sleeves but rounded strips that are sewen a bit like a binding.  It allowed it to have the feel of a tank but give my fair skinned shoulders a bit more protection from the sun.  It is also a great shaping detail for someone like me that has very small shoulders.

Simplicity 4020 view c, backSo, this will likely be the last Simplicity 4020 in a while, but, you never know when I might try another version.

Do you sew clothes for the next season?  Or when it is cold, you strictly sew cold-weather clothes?














If you are interested in hearing more from us, there are a couple ways for you to keep in touch!




4 comments:

  1. This is my favourite of the tops you've made from this pattern. It is super flattering and looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this as a tank! The not-really-sleeves are incredibly cute without being cutesy and would be more flattering than a bona fide tank top on my weirdly broad shoulders. It also looks super comfortable. Is that black or navy? I see a lot of Simplicity dresses on Kollabora, the crafting and DIY community I'm part of, but not many of their tops for some reason. I'd love to see this over there!

    ReplyDelete

Like everyone, we love comments; mostly because it is not a conversation without you! So please, let us know what you think and what you are up to.

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips