Monday, May 27, 2013

Five Petaled Flower necklace - IP

Inspiration Point
May 2013 Inspiration Point

I (Major Moma) did  something different for this month's Inspiration Point.  I crocheted a necklace!  I have just started to learn how to crochet.  M taught me when she was visiting last fall.  I have been meaning to share some of my projects here on the blog.  But, I have just not gotten around to it.  Maybe I will post about them when I have nothing else to show, just to fill the space.

crochet Five Petaled Flower necklace

The pattern is 5-petaled flower necklace designed by Lia Govers.  I found it on Ravelry.  It is a sweet little pattern made with a heavy thread weight yarn.  It was pretty easy, even for a noob like me.  I had to learn a couple new skills to complete it, like the triple crochet.(yes, I am that new)

crochet Five Petaled Flower necklace

I used a graduated colored yarn that goes from pink to white to pink again.  At the end, I took my chain and slip stitched it to the chain to make a loop.  So, you can just thread the flower into the loop for the closure.  It seems to work fairly well.  I made it long enough to be wrapped around twice ... but only my daughter has worn it so far.  I am sure I will wear it later.

crochet Five Petaled Flower necklace

So, do you all crochet?  What do you like to make?




If you are interested in hearing more from us, there are a couple ways for you to keep in touch!





1 comment:

  1. I like to crochet but mostly do just granny squares. Just finished a baby blanket and now am working on another one. Also crocheting headbands and knitting dish cloths. Your necklace is pretty. I am going to look up the pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Like everyone, we love comments; mostly because it is not a conversation without you! So please, let us know what you think and what you are up to.

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips