Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Confession time

I have a confession.

I am color challenged.

I know, how can that be?  I sew, which means I have to pick out fabrics and make them go together all the time.  Well, I usually just go with standard color combinations because I know that is safe.  But sometimes I get "creative" and combine colors because I want to.  That usually turns out awkward.

You saw my second pair of pants in the quest for perfect Abi pants?  Well, I almost put teal zippers in those pockets.  But just before I did, I called my mom.  She talked me down off the ledge.  She suggested that I use a color wheel whenever I make something and follow the rules.




Next, I was working on my Inspiration Point project.  I really wanted to go with browns.  The colors of Tuscany really stuck with me.  And I wanted to do something with bias tape.  I was still working out the details in my head but I was throwing out some of my fabric I had on hand and was going to go with this combination.

But, the more I thought about it I realized those browns really don't go together.  So I dug deep into the recesses of my fabric stash and found some large scraps from projects years ago.  I had to change up the pattern I was making up in my head. But I think I will have a pretty good end product.

They say that the first step is admitting you have a problem.  Maybe I am on my way to color challenge recovery.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Like everyone, we love comments; mostly because it is not a conversation without you! So please, let us know what you think and what you are up to.

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips