Friday, October 19, 2012

Hat and Pants

I am really wanting to get some sewing done for me, but  I have a couple more kid items that need completed.
 Eli needed one more pair of pants for the winter so I made him these:

Ottobre fall 2007 pattern
They are basic jeans from a pattern I have used many times and as usual, they turned out great.  to make them have more color, I used red thread for top-stiching and a bright red snap.  The only issue was when Eli saw them hanging up with the creases. 

"I don't like those lines on the legs!"  But we felt a lot better when I told them that I only ironed them that way and they would be normal when washed.  Silly boy!

With the remainder of the fabric, I made this hat.  And I lined it in red flannel so it would be warm for the winter.


Melly Sews Gatsby Cap
It is a Melly Sews free pattern and was easy to sew up.  I had been looking for a driving cap for kids for a while and was excited to try it.  I liked the way it looked, but the fit was not great on my kids.
Eli was not very thrilled with it but he did let me take a picture of it on his head.

I then tried it on Abi and she said she liked the concept but it was too small on her head; it easily slipped off.
I don't have a picture, but Isa liked it a lot but she wore it really silly with the front popped up.  So, I would recommend it if you want to see if it fits your kiddos, after all it was free.  But I will have to continue my search for a driving cap for kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like everyone, we love comments; mostly because it is not a conversation without you! So please, let us know what you think and what you are up to.

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips