Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Major Moma's September IP project

I loved the picture that McH gave us for the September Inspiration Point.  I have always loved this time of year and I know a lot of the reason is because I loved the beginning of a new school year.  It always felt great to have a fresh start and to anticipate all the new things I would be able to learn.

Yes, I loved school!

Now, I look forward to the new school year as a chance for new beginnings and challenges for my 3rd grader.  It is also nice for the whole family for her to be out of the house doing her own thing!

After giving it a lot of thought, I decided to make optional school supplies.

I used a tutorial from Melly Sews that you can find here to guide me through the book cover.  This is a super easy project and even if you have never sewn anything, you could follow her instructions and get a great product.  I used some scraps of piping and bias tape to trim the edges and for the pencil holder on the inside.



Then, I made a luggage tag with a snap closure.  I figure she could use this to label just about whatever she wants.  She can put it on her backpack, cubby area, chair...  This morning, it was attached to her lunch sack.

I used embroidery files from urbanthreads.com on the book and tag.  I think this book worm is super cute.  And then embroidered Abi's (she spells it Abby at school) name on it.

I of course would love to see any of your Back-to-School projects; so load them up onto our Flicker page! (you will find the link on the left with the arrow icon)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like everyone, we love comments; mostly because it is not a conversation without you! So please, let us know what you think and what you are up to.

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips