Tuesday, May 22, 2012

its raining, its pouring...

lightweight rain coat by Major_ Moma
lightweight rain coat, a photo by Major_ Moma on Flickr.
Now that PRP is over, I went back to my list of projects that need to be done. First on the list was to make a lightweight rain coat for Abi. I had bought the water resistant fabric back in VA (le Fabriques) but had not yet made the coat because it really is a spring/summer fabric.


I used an Ottobre pattern from the summer 2007 magazine and as always with ottobre, there are some nice details.  My welt pockets turned out a bit puckery, but all in all it is pretty cute. You cant see very well in these pictures (but feel free to check out my Flicker page), but I top stitched in the same blue as the zipper.



Another fun fact is that I used this same fabric as a trim for a rain coat I made for me a little over a year ago. And I used the scraps of my lining fabric to line her hood and pockets. So, now we will coordinate in the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like everyone, we love comments; mostly because it is not a conversation without you! So please, let us know what you think and what you are up to.

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips